Please welcome Crystal to our blog today as we grill her with some questions!
- What’s your name and where do you come from? I’m Crystal Rister and I’m from Quincy, Kentucky. Now, let me set this straight, because it is a huge accidental mistake when people say my last name. The ‘i’ in Rister is long… not short. Thank you J
- Tell us a bit about your latest release. My newest release is actually my first. Burning At Last is a Paranormal Romance; shifters, druids, vampires, etc. Sara Thomas’s home is burned down, her parents with it. To keep her safe, the only other survivor other than herself and the staff, Jarroth Denton, makes her run for her life, far away. Thirteen years later they are reunited, but not in the happy setting they would like. A completely different world reveals its self to Sara as once again, danger finds her. In hopes of keeping her safe from the monsters on her trail, Jarroth forces Sara to move into his house. He reveals secrets that could risk exposure of his hidden nature, as well as cause him to lose Sara all over again. Things get tense as not only the threat gets closer, but the Burn in Jarroth is reignited. As his mate, it’s Sara’s choice to give it relief.
- How do you go about creating the perfect "Swoon" worthy man? Hmm… I think any real ‘swoon worthy’ man is actually someone we’ve either met or had fantasies about. For me, I like to think of the character I want him to be. First you have to decide what his personality is like, his appearance, name and all around character depends on that one detail. Like Jarroth. He can be arrogant, but he is very considerate, smart, and vulnerable where Sara is concerned, and simply set in his ways. He’s also and wolf shifter, one with an Alpha demeanour, even though he’s a loner. ß-But this is for a reason, which is revealed in the book. When you have the ‘type’ of character, you can simply let your mind go and he just comes to you.
- What’s your biggest turn on? Generally speaking, I think a man who is good with kids and loves them is very sexy. These days’ men and women alike are hard to find that enjoy the aspect of family. It takes a strong individual to anchor that kind of foundation. If we are talking physically, I love nothing more than a broad, strong back. When I see my man’s back turned to me, I just picture it naked, sweaty and moving. Let your imagination do the rest ;)
- Do you have a favourite character from your books? Why are they your favourite? Oddly my favourite character is not either of the leading roles. I love Cayden! I guess the reason boils down to the fact that he is just so unique. I mean seriously, how often do you come along a cowboy with a Southern accent, covered in tattoos, sports a Mohawk and is a Druid?
- What do you do to unwind and relax? Long. Hot. Bath. Usually with a book, if not then I will just enjoy the momentary quiet.
- What’s your greatest weakness? Oh there are so many. I do however love getting kissed on the side of my neck from behind with his arms wrapped around me.
- How do you decide how hot or not your book is going to be? I don’t. With Sara and Jarroth’s story for instance, their story is a long time in the making. When they last saw one another she was 12 and he 19. They reunite 13 years later. The reader will see that with the past, the present and hidden secrets, things are intense anyway. Throw in the fact that they are destined mates, you have an inferno in the making.
- Is the stuff you write about from experience or mostly imagination? A lot from imagination, I have so much tumbling around in my head that I don’t know which to let out first. However, there are quite a few intimate scenarios I pull from experience. When you are in a happy and healthy relationship, things just tend to get better by the day ;)
- What do you do when you’re not writing? I make handmade and designed jewellery and accessories. This is my job away from writing that tends to also serve as a stress reducer at times.
11. Tell us something that might surprise our readers. Haha!!! There could be quite a few I could give you, but the one that most surprises people is the fact that I have eight children. To add a few more responses to this, as I always get asked the typical questions, here we go --à 1. Yes they all have the same father, my husband. Lol
2. They were all single natural, vaginal births.
3. To narrow it down, my oldest will be 18 in September and my youngest will be 3 in October.
I’m a happily married mother of eight children who lives in the country. When my children are in school and Husband is at work my companions are 11 rabbits, 3 chickens, two pigs and my boxer Abby. I love to both read and write. Getting lost in another world, or creating one, is a magical way of letting everything about reality slip from my mind. I just turn the volume up to whatever I’m in the mood to listen to and get lost.
Author Page- http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00J9O2KB0
Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/authorcrystalrister
Burning At Last
Sara Thomas’s home is burned down, her parents with it. To keep her safe, the only other survivor other than herself and the house staff, Jarroth Denton, makes her run for her life. Thirteen years later they are reunited, but not in the happy setting they would like. A completely different world reveals itself to Sara as once again, danger finds her. In hopes of keeping her safe from the monsters on her trail, Jarroth forces Sara to move into his house. He reveals secrets that could risk exposure of his hidden nature, as well as cause him to lose Sara all over again. Things get tense as not only the threat gets closer, but the Burn in Jarroth is reignited. As his mate, it’s Sara’s choice to give it relief.
~~~~~For readers 18 years and older only. Contains violent and sexual content.~~~~~